Glasgow, Glasgow City, Lanarkshire(5 Reviews)
Type B is a small, independent design agency with locations in Glasgow and Greenock.
There are four of us in the team, all of whom are qualified graphic designers. Our business model is fairly unique, as we consider ourselves a 'hive agency'. What this means is that we're a group of freelancers who collaborate together on projects. As a result of this format, we only get paid per project - as any freelancer does - so we keep our company overheads as low as possible.
These savings are passed down to our clients, allowing us to charge freelancer rates for an agency, collaborative, team experience. Through the 'hive agency' principle, we've created a top quality design agency that offers incredible value for money, with highly competitive pricing.
The services we offer include a wide range of graphic design, as well as branding creation and website design. We get a big kick out of the creative process and a buzz from working with clients who do what they love and love what they do. Just like us!
We've worked with clients across North America and Europe, with our work on display in New York, New Jersey, California, London, Glasgow and Edinburgh. We've also completed projects for clients in Bulgaria and Spain.
Type B Reviews
Type B Location
2, West Renfrew House, 26 Brougham St, Greenock PA16 8AD, UK
Type B Q&A
What makes a great website?
There are so many variables to this question, which are really decided by what the client wants and needs. Having said that, there will always be certain elements that a great website MUST have:
- It needs to be responsive, especially given the fact that - statistically speaking - more visitors now use their mobile device to browse websites than their desktops. Great websites look terrific, regardless of screen size. Good responsive design ensures that.
- It needs to be fast. Really fast. In fact, we know that if a website doesn't load in 3 seconds, the chances of the visitor clicking 'back' and going somewhere else are incredibly high. To avoid that, we make sure that all our websites are as fast as possible.
- It needs to be reliable and secure. Search Engines like Google love security and reliability. It helps the quality score of a website. From SSL certification to high-end security measures, to fast, reliable hosting.
- The UX and UI needs to be clean, seamless and pleasant to as many of the senses as they possibly can be. A visitor needs to see what they're looking for quickly and easily; feel the brand of the business in the design and be able to touch on the solution to their problem.
- From a purely aesthetic perspective, we love it when websites are cleverly creative. If the business or brand behind the site has a story to tell or a unique selling proposition, we want that to be felt in the design.
Describe your creative process.
It's true that no two projects are the same, but they all follow the same process. We've perfected our own design services process to make sure we get it right for our partners every time.
1. EXPLORE & RESEARCH
All of our design services start with some good conversation. We take as much time as necessary to sit down with you and chat about your project at length, so as to understand where you are, where you want to be and how we get you there.
We’ll have a review document or two (depending on your needs) that we’ll sit and fill out together, covering every aspect of the job. Once we know what your goals are, we can work towards exceeding them. From there, we’ll take some time to collect our own research, as well as borrow any that you might have already done.
This is an essential part of the process for all our design services, so we’re as thorough as we can be when it comes to exploring every area of your market and industry.
2. CREATE & DEVELOP
Once we’ve gathered all the information we need, the team come together and whip up a variety of ideas and solutions to the project. We’ll play with the good ones until we make them great, putting together a selection for you to have a look at and consider.
We listen to your feedback - what you love, what you feel needs further development - and from there we’ll head back to the studio and develop the final ideas for your approval and sign off.
Throughout this stage, we’ll be sharing our progress and our ideas as often as you want us to, which gives you as many opportunities as possible to give us your input and feedback. For us, it’s vital that you’re included in this part of the process; after all, it’s your baby.
3. DELIVER & SUPPORT
We work carefully and closely together when creating the final designs for your project. It’s vital to us that what we’re producing performs as great as it looks, so that’s why we’ll only ever submit the final designs to you for approval once we’re all completely satisfied that they surpass every single expectation laid out at the beginning.
When you’ve approved the work and are ready to take the reigns, we work with you to make sure that the hand over is as smooth and straightforward as we can possibly make it. Of course, it doesn’t end there unless you want it to.
For us, we’ve got a friend and partner in you and we’ll be there to work together and support you down the line, in any way that we can. We’ll have a chat about packages we’ve got that can provide ongoing development and see if it’s something that could benefit you.
What information do you need from a client before you can start work?
The information we need from our clients prior to beginning a project will vary, depending on the work that's required.
However, we've created and developed a BRANDING REVIEW FORM and a WEB DESIGN REVIEW FORM for our clients, both of which covers every aspect of the project from start to finish. We fill these out with our clients during our free, no obligation consultations, so that we can ascertain their needs and also calculate an accurate price for the project.
What do you love most about your job?
We love design, pure and simple. We've worked with a wide variety of clients from across a couple of continents; and while some had very specific goals in mind, there have been some who let us loose to work our magic. That's what drives us.
When we're given the freedom to exercise our creative muscles, we're fuelled by the idea that we can 'wow'. We want to wow our clients and we want their audience to be wowed too. Whether it's admiration for the creativity, or laughter at the humour, or being moved by the power behind the message - we want our clients to react in a big way.
We're in the business of putting smiles on people's faces and when we achieve that, there's no greater feeling.
Why should our clients choose you?
Clients should work with us for a variety of reasons:
- We offer incredible value, due to our business format. Clients pay less than they'd typically expect to pay a traditional agency, due to greater overheads. Our 'Hive Agency' of freelance designers means we can charge freelance rates while still offering the collaborative, agency experience.
- All of our designers are fully trained and qualified designers, based in the UK.
- We've got international experience and exposure, having designed for clients in the U.S.A, the UK, Bulgaria and Spain.
- We're passionate about design and do what we do in order to help our clients spread their message to an audience. That's our driving force before anything else, which is why we won't work with 'just anybody'. If we believe that a client's message isn't one that could benefit the world around us, we're not afraid to turn down the project.
- As an agency, we're driven by compassion and community spirit. We regularly do our part to try and make the area around us a little better, whether it's teaming up with charities or offering our service to some truly inspirational people for free, in order for them to continue their tireless, community driven work. We also embrace our very own 'pay it forward' scheme, whereby on every project, we'll give something a little extra to our clients for free, out of kindness. Our only hope is that the client pays it forward and does something for their own customers out of kindness. It's a little gesture that can potentially go a very long way.
But above all else, clients should choose us because they've done their homework, studied our portfolio and feel that we can offer them great design and terrific value. Those are the types of clients we want to work with - ones who've seen who we are and what we do, and believe we'd work well together. We encourage everyone to check us out before even considering reaching out to us, because we don't want to sell our services to people who won't get benefit from us - we want to support those who will.
Type B Services
Our team offer a wide range of graphic design services, including: - Stand-Alone Logo Design - Brochure Design - Event Programme Design - Poster/Flyer Design - Stationary Design (including Business Cards, Letterheads, Branded Documentation, Compliment Slips and Envelopes) - Menu Design - Advertising Banner Design (Print and Digital) - Cover Artwork (CD & Book) - Invitation Design - Promotional Material Design (including Vouchers, Gift Cards, Point of Sale and Leaflets)
Our team specialise in brand creation and offer a full service, which includes: - Brand Review: Our FREE, no obligation review service gives us the chance to sit down with you and analyse everything about your current brand: who you are, what you do, why you do it and what you want to achieve. It lets us identify your branding needs as a business and how we can work together to fulfil those needs - Brand Structure: We’ll work closely with you to determine what your brand is all about. We cover everything from your goals and missions to your brand architecture. Once we’ve discovered the purpose and vision for your business, we’ll begin building, or re-building the brand from scratch. - Brand Naming: If your business is new, we can actually create its name for you. Through careful consideration of your business, your customer targets and your industry markets, as well as our own market research, we’ll be able to deliver a name that’s effective, memorable and unique in equal measure. - Brand D.N.A: We work with you to transform your brand from a corporate idea to a real-life entity, bringing it to life and humanising it to your audience. We’ll develop the way with which your brand engages with its consumers, improving the way that people identify with you. - Tone of Voice: Building on the basis of the Brand D.N.A, we develop your brand’s tone of voice and create a helpful guide, so that all communication and messages that your business delivers follows a natural way of speaking. We help you say what you need and want to say in a manner that’s true to the brand’s values. - Logo Design: The logo is on the front-line of your business brand. It’s the face of your business and because of that, it needs to be memorable, unique and effective - just as much as the name itself. The logo is the first impression and we work to make sure it creates a lasting one with your audience. - Visual Identity: We work together to create your brand’s visual language. Comprised of elements that include typography, photographic style, colours and iconography. These choices form the basis of what your brand looks like to your audience and helps them familiarise and recognise the brand more easily. - Brand Guidelines: With our brand guidelines, we create an easy-to-follow document for your staff to use and adhere to. This makes sure every correspondence, internally or externally, follows the brand uniform that you’ve worked hard to create with us. Think of it as your branding bible. - Brand Engagement: When you’ve got a great brand, you’ll want to share it with your audience. Whether it’s through a new website, print advertising, stationary or social media engagement, we are here to create and implement it all, ensuring that your message is effectively communicated to the right people.
Type B on Twitter
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.