Straight Up Accountancy Ltd
Straight up accountancy Ltd was formed by Naeem Anwar with the principle aim of providing a high quality accountancy and tax service to individuals and small businesses.
Our philosophy is simple; we are open and honest and we love connecting with our clients on a personal level. We want to help make things easy for you. We like to think of ourselves as straight talking, straight forward accountants. Hence the name Straight Up Accountancy Ltd.
We are committed to providing a service of the highest standards as governed by our professional body, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
No reviews yet.
Straight Up Accountancy Ltd
Europa House, Bury BL9 5BT, UK
What kind of accounting services do you provide?
We provide high quality accountancy and tax services for our clients. Our key services include self-assessment tax returns, annual accounts, VAT returns, Payroll, bookkeeping services and cloud accounting solutions.
We deal with HMRC and Companies House for you so you can concentrate on what you do best, running your business!
Why is it so important for businesses to hire a great accountant?
Its important to hire a good accountant because it can save you time, effort and money!
Rather than attempt to complete accounts and tax returns yourself, its always a good idea to hire and expert so that you can spend time doing what you do best - working and running your own business. Your accountant will be able to complete your accounts and tax returns quickly and efficiently so that they can be submitted on time. In addition to this, you can rely on your accountant's knowledge and expertise to ensure that you or your business is fully compliant with regulations.
A good accountant can also offer high quality advice and sound judgement.
What do you love most about your job?
I love helping people. I feel that it's extremely important for me to help my clients to the best of my ability and to make their life easier. My clients know that I am there for them when they need me and this gives me great job satisfaction.
What inspired you to start your own business?
I decided to set-up my own accountancy firm so that I could do what I enjoy most and help entrepreneurs and business owners within my local community.
I completed my accountancy training with a top ten accountancy firm and took the leap into industry to work for some of the largest organisations in the UK. It was whilst working for one of these organisations that I thought that it would be great to bring this level of service that is usually only afforded by multi-national businesses to the local community.
So I set upon my mission. A mission to deliver a first class accountancy service to local business owners, entrepreneurs, freelancers and Small-Medium Enterprises. Click here to view our mission statement.
Why should our clients choose you?
12 reasons to work with us:
1. Your Personal Accountant
Your own personal accountant dedicated to dealing with you and your business. Having the same person dealing with all your accountancy and tax affairs can make things so much easier for you because you are dealing with one person; someone who is always up-to-speed.
2. Direct lines of communication
If you need something, you can call, email, text or even WhatsApp directly rather than dealing with a secretary.
We have a flexible approach and provide a service that is tailored to suit your specific needs. This means that you can leave all you paperwork to us for a hassle-free life! On the other hand, if you already have your own system in place for keeping records, that's fine too. Whatever works best for you is good for us!
4. No jargon
Accountancy and tax regulations are complicated and there is a lot for business owners to take on board, it can be overwhelming. We firmly believe that it is our job to explain things in plain English and make things easy to understand.
5. Latest technology
We use the latest technology and software and enjoy trying new, innovative ways of working to continually try and improve the level of service that we offer.
We provide a quick and efficient service making sure things are dealt with in a timely manner.
7. 15 years of experience
You will benefit from the services of an accountant with over 15 years of experience to call on whenever you need it.
8. Fully qualified
Your accountant is a fully qualified chartered accountant and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW). Relax – you’re in safe hands! You can be confident in the knowledge that you are dealing with an industry expert.
9. Fees to suit your budget
Our fees are designed to provide value for money. For more information on fees, click here.
10. Friendly and approachable
Work with an accountant who is friendly, approachable and willing to listen. Click here for testimonials.
11. Available for a chat
We’re always available for a chat. Feel free to give us a call or pop in to our offices for a brew.
12. Service with a smile
We love what we do and work with a smile!
• Year-end accounts • Bookkeeping services • Online & cloud accounting • Management accounts Accounting is often regarded as a necessary evil. This is not surprising because the additional admin and paperwork takes time, effort and money. However, keeping accurate records and understanding your accounts really does have some major benefits. They can help you find ways of increasing profitability. That's why we like to take away the hassle of paperwork from our clients and explain the numbers in plain English, avoiding jargon and information overload.
Many business owners find it difficult to keep up-to-date with their records and this is easy to understand because there is so much to do! We can help you get organised and more importantly, stay organised because we provide a number of bookkeeping options. One option is to keep a lever arch or box file with all your receipts, invoices and bank statements. In fact, you can put anything into the file that you feel might be useful for your accountant. You can then simply pass the files to us and let us sift through the paperwork on your behalf. Once we’ve finished with it, we’ll come back to you with a set of accounts and tax return, ready to discuss, finalise and submit. On the other hand, if you already have a system in place that works for you, that’s absolutely fine. We’re flexible and can provide a service that’s tailor-made for you. If you like the sound of cloud accounting, we recommend Xero. Click here for more information.
• Self-assessment & personal tax returns • Partnership tax returns • Corporation tax • VAT returns • HMRC correspondence • Capital Gains Tax • Inheritance tax Many business owners feel that they pay too much tax and will naturally look for ways of reducing the amount of tax they pay. There are some legitimate ways of reducing your tax bill but it is important to be careful. If you would like us to have a look through your books to help identify ways to legally reduce your tax bill, please feel free to get in touch. Did you know? There are a number of different VAT schemes available. We can help you choose one that is best for your business.
• Wage slips • Real Time Information (RTI) • Auto-enrolment • Pay as you earn (PAYE) • National Insurance (NI) • Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) • P11D's If you employ staff, each time you pay them it needs to be reported to HMRC. This is known as RTI which stands for Real Time Information. We can run your Payroll for you, provide you with payslips to pass onto your employees and make all HMRC submissions. Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer must put certain staff into a pension scheme and contribute towards it. This is called “automatic enrolment”. If you employ at least one person you are an employer and you have certain legal duties. We can help you fulfil these duties. Did you know? Umbrella companies don’t always offer the best option. It’s worth speaking to a qualified accountant to explore your options.
• Annual accounts filing • Annual returns • Companies House correspondence • Company formation • Registered address services • Submit forms for changes to: Company directors Company secretary Registered address Shareholdings Did you know? Many entrepreneurs set up a Limited Company as a means of saving tax. However, this benefit comes with additional responsibilities. Company Directors have legal obligations that they need to fulfil which include submitting annual accounts and annual returns on time. We can help Directors by dealing with all Companies House filing requirements on their behalf.
Value added services
• Management accounts / information pack • Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) • Budgets • Forecasts • Business plans • Business start-ups Did you know? Most large organisations employ a team of accountants to help them understand their numbers. The directors of these companies review management accounts regularly so that they can respond quickly to any issues and can continuously look for areas of improvement. These fundamental principles are just as relevant to smaller businesses as they are to larger ones. The benefits of value added services such as management accounts, business plans and budgets can easily outweigh the costs. Please contact us if you would like to know more about any of these services.
Cloud accounting software
• We are a Certified Xero partner • Xero is cloud-based bookkeeping software • Xero is intuitive, very easy to learn and use • You can keep records up-to-date using your mobile or tablet • You can upload pictures of receipts • You have access to up-to-date information accessible anywhere with internet connection • Xero is accessible by both client and accountant • Visit their website for more info: www.xero.co.uk There have been some huge strides when it comes to accounting software over the last few years. These technological advancements mean that bookkeeping work can be completed more efficiently than ever before. There is a wide choice of accounting software to choose from and if you have something which you like, we would be happy to work with you whatever your choice. Our personal recommendation is Xero – beautiful accounting software. Visit the Xero website for more info: www.xero.co.uk
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Straight Up Accountancy Ltd.
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.