Photography for Industry
Photography for Industry Details
Reviews:(Based on 0 Reviews)
Sales Telephone:0151 356 3855
About Photography for Industry
High quality professional photography to business and industry from commissioned only assignments.
With great expertise in the manufacturing sector and a with combination of people and plant, these photographs adorn the pages of brochures, exhibition displays, board rooms and web presentations to highlight the attributes of any company. Not Snaps !
Shooting on sites including chemical plants, process industries and workshops engaged in metal treatments, fabrication, coatings and technology are typical of my regular work locations with the need to transform everyday subjects into striking, provocative photographs.
Visually powerful images are a massive aid to marketing and business generation by demonstrating capability, infrastructure and expertise to the potential customer.
I spent a number of years as staff photographer with Saudi ARAMCO in The Middle East and photographed in many of the world's greatest oil installations both onland and in The Persian Gulf. Since 1995, I have worked for myself and have completed commissions with companies including :- Rolls Royce Industrial Power - Air Products - The Metal Improvement Company - Dresser Rand - Glaxo Wellcome - Bodycote plc - Glan Clwyd NHS Trust - The Eastham Refinery - Joy Global - Nynas UK - Beagle Technology Group - Thyson Technology and Grow How Fertiliser.
Photography for Industry Q&A
What’s the secret to taking a great photograph?
Good lighting and attention to detail. Creating tidy, well lit images which convey a message. Handling people well, arranging them appropriately and with working pictures making the people appear comfortable, capable and natural. Above all, photographs need to be well lit. Strong lighting and the introduction of some colour can help dowdy industrial subjects and turn them into spectacular shots which have broad appeal to engage an audience.
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
1. Where would the photography shoot take place ?
2. Is there a fixed date or is it flexible ?
3. What is your subject ? or subjects ?
4. Who is your audience from a commercial perspective ?
5. Are you aiming to use the photographs in a mixture of marketing applications such as web, literature, trade exhibition, company presentation, trade advertising, company literature or some kind of campaign ?
6. What is the commercial message you wish the content of the photographs to convey ? For instance an old family established business keeping up with the times and making a significant investment in modern technology for the future.
7. If the location is inside a workshop or factory, can I come and take a recce for the purpose of making a plan and making up a shot list ?
8. When will you be ready for this photography ?
9. Do you need to make some preparatory works before the photography commences ?
10. Assuming that the shots require people, do you have the appropriate clothing / workwear required to support your corporate image ? i.e.. people should look professional and dressed appropriately to their task, hairnets or hard hats or safety glasses could be essential.
What do you love most about your job?
Creating striking images from the most mundane of everyday working situations. Lighting these situations well and creating a result which not only excites me but provides a great marketing tool for the client.
What inspired you to start your own business?
I was formerly staff photographer with The Arabian American Oil Company - ARAMCO living and working in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. When I left, I had ambitions on finding something similar with a company nearer to home in the UK. However, this was a time of cuts and recession. Very few staff jobs existed and nowadays virtually none at all. Hence the only avenue was to work for myself. I'm now in my 21st year.
Why should our clients choose you?
I know my subject and I know industry. The two make a good combination and I'm much better at what I do because I've been both taught my trade and worked in it for a long time. I'm not slapdash and I am methodical about attention to detail. I produce high quality results.
Photography for Industry Reviews
No reviews yet.
Photography for Industry
Photography for Industry Location
16 Humber Rd, Ellesmere Port CH66, UK
Staff Photographer with the Arabian American Oil Company
From February 1988 to July 1995.
Staff photographer with the Saudi ARAMCO based in Dhahran Saudi Arabia. Working for the world's greatest oil company on annual reports, corporate journals, departmental presentations for tender and budget bids. Also for the ARAMCO newspaper The Arabian Sun and for department publications such as the recuitment brochure for the medical dept which was used to hire mediacl staff from various parts of the world. Spent much of my time working inside massive oil processing complexes, offshore, on pipelines, pump stations, power generation and on the construction of major projects.
Rolls Royce Industrial Power
In 1995 I was commissioned by RR Industrial Power to go to Saudi Arabia and photograph two electrical sub stations being built for SCECO. I went with a chap from corporate on an 8 day trip. The shots were used in the 1996 annual report and calendar and subsequent RR Magazine.
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Photography for Industry.
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.