Lisa is ace! I've trained one-to-one with her for several years and I also did her post natal recovery course last year after the birth of my first child. She recognises me as an individual has adapted my training as my goals and circumstances have changed and I always have full confidence that the training we do is safe and appropriate and is working for me. I can't recommend Lisa highly enough!! More...
I've trained with Lisa at Optimum for around 3 years now, attending her Pilates sessions and it's probably the most important part of my training plan.
1. Alignment, core stability & strength:
* Pre pregnancy - correct alignment & a strong core meant that I could go about my everyday activities as well as lift weights, run, cycle and swim knowing that I had a solid and safe foundation to build upon.
* During pregnancy - as my body changed with the pregnancy, so Lisa adapted certain parts of the class for me to ensure it supported the new needs that I had. I trained with her up to 2 days before my son was born. I felt strong and confident and knew how to support my body during and after birth.
* Getting back to it after birth - 6 weeks after the birth of my son, I was back to Pilates with Lisa further adapting and adjusting exercises to suit my stage of recovery and helping me to adjust to my post-birth body. Alignment and core strength being at the heart.
2. Breathing and relaxation
* Pre pregnancy, it was a perfect hour to allow my body to have time to slow down ready for my rest day on a Friday.
* During pregnancy, a time to really check in and connect with my ever changing body with Lisa's guidance.
* Post baby, it is an hour to concentrate solely on myself and the breathing techniques needed to help my body (abdomen) recover.
Simple...I love it!! I love the format, the way Lisa teaches, the people and the feeling of restfulness at the end of a class. More...