Brighton, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex
For over 25 years our team has provided specialist advice & representation on all types of Immigration, Nationality & Refugee law issues including:
Coming to the U.K. We help with all aspects of Entry Clearance and Visa processes in temporary and long term categories from initial visits to permanent settlement, including initial applications, liaison with diplomatic posts overseas, and challenging previous negative decisions through Tribunal appeals, Administrative Reviews, and Judicial Review applications.
Extending stay in the U.K.
For people here temporarily we help to extend Leave to Enter & Remain, obtain Settlement here, or return to the U.K. in the future, including for:
- Visitors (including family visitors, business visitors, & private medical patients) & Students;
- Skilled Workers, Businesspersons, Investors & Entrepreneurs, Tiers 1, 2, and 5;
- Long Term U.K. Residents & U.K. ancestry.
We advise Citizens of the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, and EC Association Agreement countries (including Turkey) on the rights of themselves and their families to Freedom of Movement in the U.K., planning ahead for BREXIT, and making applications for EEA Family Permits, Residence Cards, Registration Certificates, Permanent Residence status, & British Citizenship.
We apply for British Citizenship through Naturalisation and Registration for adults and children. We also help people with U.K. ancestry to prove entitlement to British Citizenship & the Right of Abode.
Families & Relationships
We can help with the immigration aspects of bringing or keeping families together including:
- Entry Clearance (Visas) or Leave to Remain for Husbands, Wives, Unmarried Partners, Civil Partners, Fiancé(e)s and prospective Civil Partners;
- Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain for cohabiting couples, including lesbian, gay & transgendered partnerships;
- Entry Clearance or Settlement for dependant children, parents of children resident here, and other dependant relatives.
We deal with all aspects of immigration for overseas students including:
- Entry Clearance applications & extensions of Leave to Remain for Tier 4 Students & Student Visitors;
- Changes of course or institution, problems with attendance, employment, fees, and re-sits;
- Post-Study employment and entrepreneur opportunities.
Skilled Workers & the Points-Based System
We can help individual workers, and businesses who wish to employ skilled staff in the U.K.. We extend and transfer worker Sponsorships, and advise on employment aspects of immigration, & the Points-Based Scheme for Managed Migration. We can help employers to appeal against Civil Penalties imposed for breaches of the law on employment of overseas workers.
Asylum, Refugees & Human Rights
We have extensive experience of advising and representing asylum seekers, refugees, and those seeking human rights protection in the U.K. including:
- claims for asylum and refugee status from all countries of origin;
- claims for protection under the European Convention on Human Rights;
- Family Tracing & Reunion, and Travel Document applications;
- Victims of Human Trafficking.
We help with a range of problems and emergency situations including:
- Refusal of applications, Administrative Reviews, Appeals to the First-Tier & Upper Tribunal Immigration & Asylum Chambers, Judicial Reviews;
- Arrest, Detention, & Bail applications;
- Welfare Benefits, Social Services, & Employment Rights for migrants;
- Illegal Entry & Overstaying;
- Regularisation of immigration status problems;
- Problems with & complaints about unscrupulous representatives
10/10 with service, communication and professionalism. Dealt with senior caseworker Raj Rayan and had an unbelievably stress free experience. Raj's knowledge of all things Immigration law is vast and he kept me in the loop throughout. Raj made something a complex case look simple and is empathetic when dealing with a stressed out client. I strongly recommend Raj and Paul Ward Solicitors for any and all Immigration related needs. More...
5 stars and highly recommended. The best solicitor I ever had. Paul and Raj helped me with the visa case to bring my kids here and live together as a family unit. We are so happy and my kids love here and now they study and doing so well in college. No word can describe how grateful I am. Thank you so much More...