Foundations Up Construction Ltd & DIY Doctor LtdCertificate of Excellence 2019
Frome, Somerset, Somerset(4 Reviews)
We are the building company behind the Home Improvement website, DIY Doctor. Our highly experienced team will respond to all types of work. Our tradesmen are insured for any work undertaken on your home . Our main speciality is refurbishment, conversion and renovation, with all plumbing and electrical work included. Our new-build team undertakes extensions and new homes. We also excel in hard landscaping with patios, fencing, drives etc. We cover all bases with a bunch of great guys and a wicked sense of humour.
.We are totally unique, offering a lifetime guarantee on all workmanship. No arguments, no fuss, we just come back and put it right.......Or rather we would, if ever there was a need which, until now there has never been!
Foundations Up Construction Ltd & DIY Doctor Ltd
Block 1, Suite 2 Lakeside Park, Mells, Frome BA11 3RH, UK
How can someone tell if their Garage is suitable for conversion?
Most garages are suitable for a single storey conversion but many people do not realise that some of the work will be subject to Building Regulation approval. The garage was built to store the car so when it is changed to a habitable space the insulation and fire regulations have to be met. We are fully conversant with the regulations for converting garages and can seek all relevant approvals on your behalf.
Run us through the different stages of the Garage conversion process - what's involved?
The fist stage is to discuss with Building Control the extent of the fire regulation and insulation work. Usually this means upgrading the ceiling to a 1-hour fire check ceiling and adding insulation to meet the requirements. Garages are also usually 100mm below the existing property floor level so this floor has to be raised after being waterproofed. Once the floor and ceiling have met Building Regs, work can start on the layout of the new room. Cables for lights and sockets will have been provided in the ceiling space, from the existing consumer unit (which may need upgrading if there is insufficiant room on the board). Any drainage can be dug down through the existing floor slab providing there is a manhole adjacent to the building. Connection to exiting sewers also requires permission from Building Control. Working with the client at every step we can ensure that nothing is missed out and no work needs to be re-done through a missed drain rodding point for example. We have some great testimonials from previous garage conversion customers and would be happy to take you along to show you what can be achieved. You can see more about converting a garge on our partner website, DIY Doctor - http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/garage.htm
How long have you been in business?
We have been in the building business for over 25 years, initially as builders, then we founded DIY Doctor, a website to help homeowners do some of the work themselves to save money. Now that DIY Doctor has grown into one of the countries largest home improvement websites, we have focussed on our building arm again, launching Foudations Up in 2016 in response to the many enquiries from local customers.
What guarantee does your work come with?
We provide a lifetime guarantee on all craftsmanship. We will honour all manufacturers guarantees on materials.
What do you love most about your job?
Taking a clients dream or idea and turning into a tangible reality is a great feeling. We know houses inside out. There is no problem we have not encoutered and we can be trusted to put it right.
What inspired you to start your own business?
The feeling of making a difference is terrific. When a client has a problem, be it simply a blocked toilet, or the need for lots of extra space with an extension or conversion, to solve that problem for them is a good feeling.
Why should our clients choose you?
Our guys are tradesmen, not handymen. We are craftsmen only interested in giving you the best possible job for the right price. We work with transparency, integrity and hionesty and we have many many references and testimonials to prove it!
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
Foundations Up Construction Ltd & DIY Doctor Ltd.
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.
Foundations Up Construction Ltd & DIY Doctor Ltd provides the following services:
- Painting & Decoration - Interior
- Fence & Gate Installation
- General Builders
- Artificial Turf Installation
- Gutter Cleaning
- Brick & Block Paving Services
- Property Extensions
- Driveway Installation
- Bathroom Installation & Remodel
- Patio Services
- Roofing Installation or Replacement
- General Bricklaying
- General Plumbing
- Garage Conversions
- General Carpentry
- Kitchen Installation & Remodelling
- Fence & Gate Repair
- Roof Repair
- Conservatory Installation
- Gutter Repairs & Maintenance
- Pressure Washing
- Gutter Installation or Replacement
- Kitchen Refurbishment
- Garden Shed Construction
- Internal Door Fitter
- Pond & Water Feature Installation
- Boiler Installation or Replacement
- Shower Installation
- Garage & Outbuilding Construction
- Bathroom Tilers
- Hardwood Floor Installation
- Flat Roofing Installation
- Double Glazing
- Brick Wall Construction
- Outdoor Walls & Retaining Wall Construction
- Floor Tiling
- Kitchen Tiling
- Driveway Cleaning
- Bathroom Repair
- Deck or Porch Construction
- Damp Proofing
- Vinyl or Linoleum Installation
- External Door Fitter
- Internal Renovation & Reconfiguration
- Garage & Outbuilding Remodel
- General Tiling
- Hardwood Floor Sanding & Finishing
- Gazebo Installation
- Door Repair Services
- Drywall & Plasterboard Repair
- Retaining Wall Construction
- Awning Installation
- Garage & Outbuilding Repairs
- Worktops & Splashback Installation
- Concrete Flooring Installation
- Concrete Installation
- Drywall & Plasterboard Installation
- Interior Lighting Installation
- Sealing, Grouting & Caulking
- Artificial Turf Repair
- Demolition Services
- Driveway Maintenance
- Plumbing Pipe Repair
- Under Floor Heating Installation
- Concrete Levelling
- Concrete Repair & Maintenance
- Deck or Porch Maintenance
- Foundation Services
- Stone or Tile Flooring Installation
- Stone or Tile Flooring Repair
- Barbecue Installation
- Ceiling Fan Installation and Repair
- Porch, Patio & Canopy Installation
- Sash Window Installation
- Specialist Masonry Repair and Maintenance
- Taps & Fixtures Installation
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Arbor, Pergola, & Trellis Installation
- Concrete Removal
- Patio Cover Repair and Maintenance
- Period Restorations
- Shelving Installation
- Tile Roof Installation
- Security Fence Installation
- Taps, Fixtures & Pipes Maintenance
- Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
- Site Preparation
- Vinyl or Linoleum Repair