0800 Handy Ltd.
Ribby-with-Wrea, Fylde, Lancashire
We have over 35 years experience in the construction industry and have a vast knowledge of all aspects of construction and property maintenance.
We provide a High quality, Pay by the hour service, which allows you to book, Experienced, Multi skilled, Professionals who are Fully qualified, Insured and Local
Our Unique 0800Handy service lets you to book, Electricians, Plumbers, Interior Decorators, Carpenters, Handyman Services, Handy Helpers (labour only) Garden Services, Cleaning Services, Tiling and flooring Services and much more.
Just one FREE phone call, to 0800 Handy Ltd; is all you need to make, to book any of our qualified professionals, by the hour.
We have a policy of totally transparent pricing with no hidden costs, no long term commitments, you simply pay for the time you book plus a small booking fee of £10 to cover administration costs, insurance etc.
Any material required to complete your job can either be supplied by yourself or supplied by us at trade plus 25%, its that simple.
0800 Handy Ltd. is committed to providing a high quality service to ensure you will get the correct qualified trades at a cost that you can control.
To find out more, simply visit our web site www.0800handy.com where you can book online or Call us FREE on: 0800 488 0063 and tell us what you need, and then let us do the rest.
Go on GET THE JOB DONE! ......and do it right with 0800handy.com.
0800 Handy Ltd. Reviews
No reviews yet.
0800 Handy Ltd.
0800 Handy Ltd. Q&A
How can someone tell if their loft is suitable for conversion?
The features that will decide the suitability of the roof space for a loft conversion are the available head height, the pitch and the type of structure, as well as any obstacles such as water tanks or chimney stacks. An inspection of the roof space will reveal its structure and physical dimensions.
Take a measurement from the bottom of the ridge timber to the top of the ceiling joist; the useable part of the roof should be greater than 2.2m.
The higher the pitch angle, the higher the central head height is likely to be, and if dormers are used or the roof is redesigned, then the floor area can be increased.
Type of Roof Structure
Two main structures are used for roof construction — namely traditional framed type and truss section type. The traditional framed type is typically found in pre-1960s houses where the rafters and ceiling joists, together with supporting timbers, are cut to size on site and assembled. This type of structure has more structural input, so is often the most suitable type for attic conversions. The space can be easily, and relatively inexpensively, opened up by strengthening the rafters and adding supports as specified by a structural engineer.
Post 1960s, the most popular form of construction used factory-made roof trusses. These utilise thinner – and therefore cheaper timbers – but have structural integrity by the addition of braced diagonal timbers. They allow a house roof to be erected and felted in a day. However, this type of truss suggests that there are no loadbearing structures beneath, and so opening up the space requires a greater added structural input.
This will normally involve the insertion of steel beams between loadbearing walls for the new floor joists to hang on and the rafter section to be supported on — together with a steel beam at the ridge. This added structural input requires skill, knowledge and equipment that would limit scope as far as DIY is concerned — and a far greater cash outlay.
Call us on 0800 488 0063 for further assistance.
Run us through the different stages in the loft conversion process - what’s involved?
A basic ‘room in roof’ loft conversion is the cheapest and could start at around £15,000. This will usually involve:
the reinforcement of the floor
a couple of skylights
a staircase to the loft
electrics, lighting and heating
fire safety measures to comply with Building Regulations such as fire doors and smoke alarms.
What do you love most about your job?
The people we meet plus the satisfaction of solving our clients problems and helping them with there construction and maintenance needs.
0800 Handy Ltd. on Twitter
Find companies like this!
Whatever your requirement, Bark will help you find local companies like
0800 Handy Ltd..
Just post your project to Bark and we'll find the most suitable companies for you.
0800 Handy Ltd. provides the following services:
- Fence & Gate Installation
- Painting & Decoration - Interior
- Gutter Cleaning
- CCTV Installation
- Loft Conversions
- Garden Clearance
- End of Tenancy Cleaning
- Bathroom Installation & Remodel
- Home Deep Cleaning Services
- Roofing Installation or Replacement
- Man & Van Services
- Garage Conversions
- Gutter Repairs & Maintenance
- House Clearance
- Kitchen Installation & Remodelling
- Patio Services
- TV Installation & Mounting
- Bespoke Furniture Design & Build
- Fence & Gate Repair
- General Carpentry
- General Plumbing
- Burglar, Security & Intruder Alarm Installation
- Shower Installation
- Central Heating System Installation & Replacement
- Roof Repair
- Property Management
- Flat Roofing Installation
- Pressure Washing
- Furniture & Flat Pack Assembly
- Gutter Installation or Replacement
- Boiler Installation or Replacement
- Automated Gates & Bollards
- Garden Shed Construction
- Bathroom & Shower Plumbing
- Internal Door Fitter
- Laminate Floor Installation
- Bathroom Tilers
- Kitchen Design & Planning
- Home Automation Services
- Hardwood Floor Installation
- Boiler Repair or Maintenance
- Floor Tiling
- Driveway Cleaning
- TV & Home Theatre Installation or Mounting
- Deck or Porch Construction
- Kitchen Tiling
- External Door Fitter
- Bathroom Repair
- Boiler Service
- Double Glazed Windows & Door Installation
- Garage & Outbuilding Remodel
- Kitchen Refurbishment
- Velux / Skylight Window Installation
- Fitted Wardrobe Installation
- Steam Cleaning
- Drapes and Curtains
- Picture Hanging and Art Installation
- Worktops & Splashback Installation
- Awning Repair & Maintenance
- Gas Appliance Installation
- Security Gate & Barrier Installation
- Building Frame Carpentry
- Central Heating System Repair & Maintenance
- Door Repair Services
- Gas Appliance Maintenance or Repair
- Hardwood Floor Sanding & Finishing
- Plumbing Pipe Repair
- Real Estate Services
- Stone or Tile Flooring Installation
- Swimming Pool Cleaning
- Taps & Fixtures Installation
- Under Floor Heating - Electric System Repair & Maintenance
- Under Floor Heating Installation
- Window Blinds
- Appliance Installation & Removal
- Bespoke Kitchen Furniture Design & Build
- Fan Installation
- General Tiling
- Sealing, Grouting & Caulking
- Arbor, Pergola, & Trellis Installation
- Deck or Porch Maintenance
- Dishwasher Installation
- Drywall & Plasterboard Repair
- Fine Woodworking
- Hardwood Floor Repair or Partial Replacement
- Interior Lighting Installation
- Metal Roof Installation
- Under Floor Heating - Water System Repair & Maintenance
- Water Heater Repair or Maintenance
- Worktops & Splashback Repair
- Access Control & Door Entry
- Awning Installation
- Bespoke Wooden Doors
- Concrete Flooring Installation
- Drywall & Plasterboard Installation
- Gazebo Installation
- Granite Worktop Installation
- Soil Irrigation & Drainage
- Stone or Tile Flooring Repair
- Washing Machine Installation
- Brick & Stone Cleaning
- Coving, Cornice, Trim, & Moulding
- Deck or Porch Cleaning
- Digital Home Networking
- Fan Service & Repair
- Furniture Restoration
- Gazebo Repair and Maintenance
- Outdoor Lighting & Power
- Play Equipment Construction
- Security Fence Installation
- Shelving Installation
- Taps, Fixtures & Pipes Maintenance
- Thermostat Installation & Repair
- Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Heater Installation
- Ceiling Fan Installation and Repair
- Child Proofing
- Electronic Blinds, Shutters & Curtains Installation
- Electronic Blinds, Shutters & Curtains Repair
- General Fitted Furniture
- Holiday Lighting Installation
- Home Insulation
- Lamp Installation
- Play Equipment Repair
- Post Construction Property Cleanup
- Refrigerator Installation
- Sash Window Installation
- Sash Window Maintenance
- Site Preparation
- Solar Heating System Installation
- Solar Heating System Maintenance
- Switches and Outlets
- Timber Preservation, Woodworm & Rot
- TV & Home Theatre Servicing